In pay per click it is important to define your own business right before you get into this domain. It’s important just because running a PPC advertising without any knowledge of your own domain of work will get you nowhere near the success. Identify the core aspects of your business. Analyze your campaign performance according to the goals of your campaign.
PPC Campaign Optimization tricks
PPC management is not an easy and straightforward thing to do. A lot of factors are needed to be considered to optimize your campaign.
Here are some of the tips that would help you a lot in PPC campaign optimization.
Create an Effective Ad copy
- Create a compelling headline: Headline is the first thing in the Landing Page that grabs the attention of the visitor. So make sure that your headline is strong, straightforward, accurate and relevant to the products or services that you are offering.
- Create a Call to Action: Call to Action or CTAs direct users to the website you specify as your landing page URL and appear alongside the headline. Create a sense of urgency in your ad text. Present some limited time offers or discounts to make the visitors click your ad.
- Intelligently use Ad text: Use ad text intelligently. Be concise and to the point cause you only get a limited number of words. Focus on benefits rather than the features of your products.
- Add Ad extensions: Ad extensions are additional areas of text that can extend the size of an ad, increasing the visibility of your ad copy. It also adds to the probability of an increase in CTR.
The ad extensions that are available are:
- Sitelink Extension
- Call Extension
- Click to text Extension
- Review Extension
- Landing Page
- Responsiveness of landing page: Design your landing page keeping in mind that there your visitors can be using different kinds of devices. Try to make your landing pages responsive according to desktop computers, tablets and especially mobile devices to make the user experience better.
- Check and improve Loading speed: The majority of the users are in a hurry, they do not have all the time in the world to wait for the website to get opened. If your website takes forever to open visitors simply bounce off and visit another website.Try to omit the unnecessary and irrelevant content from the landing page. The quicker your landing page loads, the more your conversion rate is expected to be increased.
- Content Relevancy: The relevancy of the content on your landing page is essential for better ad rank. It increases the Quality Score of your ad. Which in turn tends to elevate your Ad Rank. Irrelevancy is most likely to increase the bounce rate of your audience.
- Keep the landing pages updated: The information on your landing pages must be updated and reliable. The presence of outdated misinformation can result in the loss of integrity of your brand.
- Audience Persona: Start of your PPC campaign by making a persona of your target audience in case if you just don’t need to boost the traffic to your site, but also want to ensure that the quality of the traffic you’re getting. It would assist in selecting the right keywords and many more to target the right audience.
Start by making some assumptions about people.
- Point out who could be your audience.
- What they want.
- What could be their behavior?
- What they don’t need.
- Device Targeting: Depending on the kind of product and the type of audience you want to target, enable device targeting. For instance, if you are running a call-only campaign you should only target the mobile devices because visitors would only be able to call through mobile devices. You can set targeted bid adjustments for tablets, mobile phones, and desktop computers.
- Demographical targeting: With demographic targeting in Google Ads, you can reach a specific set of potential customers who are within a particular age range, gender, or household income ultimately saving you a lot of your cost.Showing your ads to the most relevant audience would surely cut down your wasted spend increasing your ROI.
- Time Targeting: Schedule your ad to the specific timings of your target audience. Specify certain hours or days of the week when you want your ads to show. Set bid adjustments to increase or decrease your bids for specific days and times.
- Geographical targeting: Targeting the audience based on the geographical areas they are living in. It is very much effective for running local businesses or for the businesses who want to target a specific geographical area depending on the needs of people there. Exclude the lowest-performing areas from your targeting list.
- Do the keyword discovery: Do some research and discovery on the search terms that you are already using. Use google search console for finding the most relevant and domain-specific search queries.
- Use relevant keywords to bid on: Relevancy of the keywords to your landing page content is directly related to a higher click-through rate.
It helps in targeting the right audience to your ad. Narrowing down the audience to your ad would help increase the Quality clicks on your ad which would ultimately increase your ad’s ROI.
- Bid more on high performing keywords: Keep the performance check of the keywords you are bidding on. Increase the bids of the keywords with higher CTR and conversion rates.
- Decrease bids on underperforming Keywords: Cut your wasted spend by decreasing the bids on the low performing keywords in your PPC campaigns. It is one of the very most efficient and quicker ways to decrease your wasted spending.
- Add negative keywords: Negative keywords filter out irrelevant searches resulting in reduced wasted spend caused by irrelevant searches.Be careful while adding negative keywords. Because you might lose potential clicks by adding the relevant keywords as negative. So, to get optimally add the negative keywords, first make a report of keywords to be added as negative using their past performance.
- Refine Match Types: Use the keywords match types intelligently. Depending on the goal of you pay per click campaign you may choose to select among:
- Modified Broad for brand awareness.
- Modified Broad and Phrase Match for Lead Generations.
- Exact Match for the most specific target audience to increase Conversions.
Match types are kind of a filter that is implemented to restrict the irrelevant visitors to click your ad. Using the match types you may effectively optimize your campaign budget for good.
- Analysis: It is a best practice to keep testing the performance of your ad campaign. Analysis of the PPC campaign determines the problems in your campaign. And then optimize your ad accordingly to get the maximum output. Try different settings and options and then analyze their effects on performance.
- Use different Ad copies: Don’t always rely on a single ad copy to drive results from your campaign. Use several ad copies and keep on testing these at different times. Analyze and select the best performing ad copy to run after you have some analytical data to be analyzed.
- Compare your ads with that of the successful competitors:
Rapidly changing trends and the advancements in the market can be adverse for your advertising if not paid attention to. A common practice to rank your PPC marketing campaign at the top is to stay updated with the latest happenings of your competition.
Learn advertising strategies by analyzing your competitors’ campaigns. Search and bid the search terms on which your competitors’ ads are being triggered.
Campaign Optimization is a Continuous Process
It isn’t a sudden and one time process to optimize your Pay per click advertising. It takes time and patience to drive successful results from PPC campaigns. Analysis and monitoring mean nothing if you don’t take action on these insights. The whole purpose of the analysis and testing is to implement the suggestions to save from further loss.
The trends and the patterns indicated from the analysis and the testing of your ads help rectify the problem causing factors. Implementing all these tips would help you in your PPC campaign optimization by increasing your ROI while decreasing wasted spending.